Return to play
Venice FC Miami is planning to return to our fields for Small Group Tryouts June 16th. We will be following the directives of our local and state officials. All coaches will be educated and informed on Venice FC Miami Guidelines, Protocols, and Safety Measures as it pertains to the new training environment. Local and state guidelines will be executed in order to maximize the safety of all participants. The club will stay in accordance with the CDC recommendations regarding sanitizing, social distancing and any other safety precautions.
- Ensure the child is healthy, check your child’s temperature prior to any training session.
- Limited or no carpooling.
- Parents must remain in their cars during training sessions.
- Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training session.
- Ensure all equipment, cleats, ball, shin guards, etc. are sanitized before and after every training.
- Notify the club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason.
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every training.
- Submit the Protocol/waiver form before initial training.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
- Bring and use your own hand sanitizer at every training.
- Encouraged to wear a mask before and immediately after all training.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack, or bag.
- Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
- Each player is required to bring their own water bottle.
- No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshake, etc.
- Coaches will have their temperatures taken prior to arrival at the park.
- Coaches will wear masks during all sessions.
- Ensure the health and safety of the athletes by ensuring the daily required assessment form is filled out by parents.
- If the athletes are feeling or looking ill, they will be sent home.
- Follow all state and local health protocols.
- Ensure all athletes have their individual equipment (ball, water, bag, etc.).
- Coach is the only person to handle cones, discs, etc.
- The use of a scrimmage vest or bib is not recommended at this time. Each player will be required to have their training shirt on and bring their uniforms or a black or white shirt to use in lieu of bibs.
- Players will be placed in no more than groups of 9 with one coach.
- 3 Training groups per full Field maximum.
OUR CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and distribute protocols to its members, including but not limited to waivers and self-check assessments.
- Ensure that all players have returned the Protocol/waiver prior to the first session.
- Have an effective communication plan in place; identify strategies for working with public health to notify adult leaders, youth, and their families if the organization learns a participant or adult leader has developed COVID-19 and may have been infectious to others while at a youth activity, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Be sensitive and accommodating to parents who may be uncomfortable with a return to play, too quickly.
- Have an action plan in place, in case of a positive test.
- Train and educate all staff on protocols and requirements, including state and local regulations, CDC recommendations, and other necessary information.
- Be prepared to shut down and stop operations. Develop plans for temporary closure of indoor facilities or outdoor activities or camps to properly disinfect and ensure other adult leaders or youth are not infected.
- Provide adequate field space for social distancing.
- Develop a relationship and a dialog with local health officials (identify Risk Tolerance).